Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Novel Playlist

Many of my writer friends have talked about the songs they put together to listen to while working on their novel. Their novel playlist. I never understood that idea... until now.

Lately every time I listen to the radio in my car I find myself evaluating songs. This one reminds me of my story. This one doesn't. This song would play as she sits in her room crying. This one would play in the car. It's exciting and it has helped the story come alive in my mind.

If only I still had that boom box that I used to make tapes with. Not only would I listen to these songs, I would make them into a novel mixed tape. Instead I have to buy them from iTunes.

Do you have a novel playlist? Share a song or two in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say...