Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, March 6, 2017

#IMWAYR March 6, 2017


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. It's #IMWAYR.

Here are the books I read this week:

Middle Grade

When Carol and her family spend the summer in the desert at their father's childhood home, no one wants to be there. But time spent with grandpa is not what Carol expects and his stories of bees and roots sink into her soul. An incredibly beautiful and magical book about the power of belief and family.


Audacity Jones was a fun, character driven spy-ish novel with historical fiction tie-ins. There were so many fantastic characters in this book, including the most remarkable cat. I can't wait to recommend this book to my third graders.


Living with a mother who often needs to be mothered, eleven year old Alex has learned to be extremely independent. When he finds out about a rocket launching competition he builds a rocket, buys himself a train ticket, and sets out on a journey. He brings along a golden iPad that he plans to send to outer space with his observations of earth. What he ends up observing and finding on planet earth ends up taking his mind out of outer space. A heartbreaking and heartwarming novel about family and friendship. Even though the main character is eleven, I would recommend this book for upper middle grade to adult.



_____________________________


If you like my reading choices, you can check out all the books I've read on Goodreads and please leave a comment below. It's Monday, what have you been reading?

4 comments:

  1. Audacity Jones sounds like a fun female character, independent and feisty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hour of the Bees is one of my favorite books from last year. I haven't read anything middle grade this year that compares. While I enjoyed the plot in Audacity Jones, it was really the characters and their relationships that impressed me most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See You In The Cosmos sounds like a beautiful read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing this: Kosttillskott

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...