Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

#BookTalkTuesday May 2, 2017

This year I have been trying to find new ways for my third grade students recommend books. Every Monday they fill out #IMWAYR bookmarks but I have only had a few chances to add their recommendations to my posts. Instead we will be trying to post on #BookTalkTuesday. We'd love to see more classes join in. Don't have time to post? If you want to add books for an individual student, make sure to go to Miss Palmieri blog and fill out the book talk form.


C. wants to tell you about the Origami Yoda series by Tom Angleberger. He's currently reading Jabba the Puppet. In this book the class has to have "fun time," which isn't exactly fun - it's test prep! The class rebels and it's a lot of fun!



E. recommends Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the screenplay by JK Rowling. She thinks that everyone should read it because it's an exciting adventure.


T. recommends The Twits. It's about two people who don't like anyone. He feels it's a very funny book because of the pranks and because of what happens to the Twits in the end, but he isn't giving that away!



S. recommends Captain Underpants. It's about two boys George and Harold, who have a mean principal. To get back at him, they hypnotize the principal to think he's Captain Underpants. He thinks it's a very funny book that everyone will enjoy. He even offered to bring it out to recess so that I could read it too.


That's all for this week. Check back next Tuesday for more recommendations from my 3rd graders! Please tell my class about your favorite books and comment on their choices below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say...