Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, January 22, 2018

#IMWAYR January 22, 2018


Each week I joined Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. This week I didn't have much time to read. Probably because this little girl is knocking me out early: 




Here's what I read this week:


Young Adult


I read this series when it was first released, but since it was assigned to my daughter for a book group, I decided to read it again. Looking at it through her lens has been very different.  The book explores so many questions about what it truly means to be ugly or pretty. The message of being true to yourself and doing what is right, even if it is not what the crowd will do is so important for a seventh grader to discuss. I will be interested in hearing what her group thinks, especially since she is the only girl in the group of four.

_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. That photo is precious! :) I do have Scott Westerfeld's series in my shelves waiting to be read - I think I also have the graphic novel adaptation of this series, hopefully I get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look very sweet Stacy. I've been thinking about The Uglies because I am in the middle of Spill Zone, a graphic novel by Westerfeld and Alex Pubilland. He sure can write. I can't help but wonder where he gets his ideas from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved that series and a big fan of his work in general. The Midnighters series is another fave in my family.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...