Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, May 21, 2018

#IMWAYR May 21, 2018


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. 


Middle Grade


One of my favorites from childhood, and now a favorite again, The Westing Game is about sixteen heirs to a fortune who have to compete in a game of clues in order to win the money and find the murderer. Among the heirs, besides a possible murderer is a bookie, a bomber, a burglar, and a mistake. I was not supposed to finish this book this week because I am reading it with my 4th graders and forcing them to go slowly and look for clues. The only problem was I couldn't put it down. Kids who have loved The Candymakers by Wendy Mass and Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein will love this book.


_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read this one since it was frequently referred to in The Parker Inheritance. I'm looking forward to it, especially knowing you had trouble putting it down. :) Have a wonderful reading week, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a wonderful book, just right for readers who are ready for a good mystery! Glad you're having fun with it with your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Westing Game is not a book I have read. I think I will send it to my daughter and maybe try it before I get to The Parker Inheritance. I have read the description a few times and it seems like the book for us to read together. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've had The Westing Game on my TBR since masters school time! Need to get to it at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just with a group of 5th graders who were reading The Westing Game for book club. They were absolutely loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Westing Game is an absolute favourite. I remember really loving it when I read it a few years back.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...