Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Contrary Cat by Joan Riordan #RAOKblitz


The Contrary Cat
By Joan Riordan

Won’t capture mice
Thinks that they’re nice

Won’t climb a tree
Watches T.V.

No laps- instead
Perches on heads

Likes to get wet
And visit the vet

Allergic to yarn
Stays away from the barn

Chews on big sticks
Learns funny new tricks

Greets me each day
When I’ve been away

At times, I suppose
He’s a dog in cat clothes

The only thing
That’s as it should be?

I like him

                 and he likes me.

4 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! Kind of sounds like my cat. He's very dog-like. (But don't tell him I said so. *grin*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mums the word - Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  2. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. bengal kittens for sale

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...