Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, June 26, 2017

#IMWAYR June 26, 2017


It's the first Monday of summer! Each week I join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. I will continue to do this over the summer to share my summer reading.

Here's what I read this week:

Middle Grade


When Claire Martinson follows her older sister Sophie up a ladder in the fireplace of her aunt's house she has no idea that she will be entering another world. After being chased by a shadow creature, Claire makes Sophie promise to never go up the ladder again. When Sophie breaks that promise it is up to Claire to save her. I loved this new middle grade fantasy, which will hit the shelves in February 2018. I was lucky to get my hands on a copy at Book Expo America and can't wait to share it with my students in the fall.


If a tree could talk, what stories would it tell? In this new book by Katherine Applegate, we get a chance to find out. This particular tree is a wishtree and the wish it will grant is one of friendship and hope. This book is exactly what we need to share with children in this challenging time. It releases in September.

Young Adult


I enjoyed reading this latest addition to the Queen's Thief series. I would have liked it even better if more of the original characters had made an appearance, but it was nice to revisit the ones that did.

_______________________________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. It's Monday, what are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. I'm with Katie Dicesare! I've just requested it from Netgalley. Unfortunately, I am not in the United States:(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...