Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, October 16, 2017

#IMWAYR October 16, 2017


Each week I join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. 

This week I was honored to see my novel, The Perfect Trip, on the nomination list for the Cybils. Since I already have the honor of being named a Cybil judge, I asked for the book to be made ineligible due to a conflict of interest. There are so many amazing books in the category that I continued to read this week. I'm also still reading books for school. 

Here's what I read this week:

Middle Grade


I reread this book this week since I have a student reading it for my character change unit. I loved this book when I first read it and loved it even more the second time around. I love the development of the relationships between Ivan, Stella, Ruby, Julie, and Bob. It is a new classic.



Stef Soto always loved her father's taco truck, but this year she is tired of being the taco queen. But when his father's business is at risk, Stef realizes that sometimes you need to step up and support your family.



Charlie views the world through his knowledge of birds. An autistic boy with OCD tendencies, he has always relied on his father's support and the list they made of the birds they would see someday. When his father is injured and needs brain surgery, he takes a difficult road trip across the country to see him and his someday birds help him hold things together and face the challenges the trip has in store.



_______________________________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

5 comments:

  1. The One and Only Ivan is definitely worth a reread. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always wonderful to see the impact Ivan and his story has had with readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved Stef Soto! I think she's gotten buried in the stacks, I need to pull her out and get her some love! Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that Ivan is a modern classic. When I was in the library I purchased two lit circle sets as well as multiple copies for the library. Stef Soto is was on my list, but I just discovered that my local library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read The One and Only Ivan - but really enjoyed the picturebook version. :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...