Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, October 30, 2017

#IMWAYR October 30, 2017


Each week I join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. 

This week I continued to read middle grade novels for the Cybils, and to share with my class. I also had a chance to squeeze in another Young Adult fantasy.

Here's what I read this week:

Middle Grade


Before, Ethan was a happy, healthy kid with a best friend named Kacey. Now he needs to learn how to go on without her. A heartwarming story about finding a way to move forward after tragedy 



Sophie is one of the only black kids in a white neighborhood in 1967. She faces racism, explores friendship, and learns about love and family in this coming of age novel.



Flora and her brother Julian may have found a forever family, but until the mystery of their past is solved, they have a hard time believing in forever.



Young Adult


In this land of kings, queens, and hidden magic, a war is brewing between two kingdoms. Told from multiple points of view.



_______________________________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. I don't know Forever or a Long, Long Time. The cover is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see It All Comes Down to This because we have a 7th grade class that does books set in the 1960s. The fact that it was semi autobiographical was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed It All Comes Down to This. I think it should be a companion piece to The Hate U Give. I agree with Lisa. The cover of Forever or a Long, Long Time is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so out of touch with mg novels, I really need to get caught up! Thanks for sharing these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of all of these, but still haven't read them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Ethan - it's actually on our Mock Newbery list! I have a few kids who already said they can't wait to read it. It All Comes Down is a book I had checked out from the library this summer but never got to it. I really wish sleep wasn't necessary, I could do so much more reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been reading picture books - fiction and informational - exclusively as I've worked my way through teaching my first college class on Early Childhood Literacy. This was fun to see MG titles I didn't know pop up on your blog, so now i can go back to making those a part of my reading diet as well. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...