Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, July 9, 2018

#IMWAYR #30BookSummer July 9, 2018


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. In addition to discussing books on Monday, I'll also be counting them! Check out #30booksummer on twitter to see what others are reading for this challenge.

Book # 4 Middle Grade Graphic Novel


Bina can't wait for her summer of fun after seventh grade to begin but when her best friend/next door neighbor Austin leaves for soccer camp and starts ignoring her, Bina thinks this may be one of her worst summers ever. Fortunately she has her guitar and her love of music to keep her going. I'm always looking for graphic novels to recommend to my students and this was one of my favorites. 

Book # 5 Young Adult Fantasy (Mature Audiences)


Tess of the Road takes place in the medieval kingdom of Goredd, introduced in the books Seraphina and Shadow Scale. Tess is the one of the human half sisters of Seraphina, a half dragon/half human, who is well loved in the kingdom. Unlike her half sister, no matter what Tess does, she is always in the wrong and when she falls from grace, her only hope is to find adventure chasing the legend of the world serpents.    

_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

10 comments:

  1. Both sound very good. Thanks, Stacy, will put them on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All Summer Long sounds so cute! I hadn't heard of it before. One of my 2018 goals is to read more graphic novels, so I'll definitely be adding that one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of All Summer Long in my school library and I might have to rescue it for a summer reading (it is in a processing pile). I love the cover of Tess of the Road but I think I will wait until I read Seraphina first (I bought a copy for my classroom in June). Thanks for the sharing two great looking books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE to get All Summer Long for my oldest! She's recently been through a summer of missing out on all the action, but really bonding closely with her guitar (including writing and performing her first two original songs). I bet she'll enjoy this one, thoroughly. And I keep meaning to pick up Tess of the Road. I just want to make sure I can squeeze it into my schedule (and judging by the thickness, I may have to wait a few weeks). Thank you so much for sharing your reviews, Stacy, and have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hold on All Summer Long and am happy to read that it is great. I love to be able to talk with kids about what they are reading and it seem like when I can say, I loved that graphic novel, I become someone worth paying attention to.
    Tess of the Road is on my to read list and I adore Rachel Hartman's writing (and she is a local author) but when I will get around to it is another story....

    ReplyDelete
  6. All Summer Long was a good summer read that I think a lot of kids can relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All Summer Long was a favorite of mine earlier this summer. I hope lots of readers get to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen All Summer Long pop up a few places now, and it looks fantastic. Thanks for the graphic novel recommendation--I, too, am always looking for good graphic novels to get into students' hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the first book in the Seraphina series, but haven't had a chance to read the sequel yet - glad to see that there are spin-off stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. All Summer Long is so good!!!
    I haven't read any of Hartman's books--I may have to fix that!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...