Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, September 12, 2016

#IMWAYR September 12, 2016


Each week I join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. Since school started last week I've also been sharing samples of what my students are reading. It's #IMWAYR.

Last week we put together our classroom library. Students sorted though boxes of books and decided that they wanted some books organized by reading level and some books organized by favorite series, topics, or authors. They also created a book check-out area.





Here are some highlights from their first visit to our classroom library. They could share why they picked the book or anything else they were thinking as they read.






Each week I will chose some more to share. My class is also participating in #Classroombookaday so make sure to check that out on Twitter. 

Here's what I read this week:

Young Adult


Tension and stakes were high in this sequel to Ember in the Ashes. I enjoyed all three points of view. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for book 3.

_____________________________


If you like my reading choices, you can check out all the books I've read on Goodreads and please leave a comment below. 




2 comments:

  1. Love the way you had the students organize the classroom library - Such a powerful way to give the students' ownership and introduce them to some wonderful books

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created such a great buzz around books in your room - bravo!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...