Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, October 24, 2016

#IMWAYR October 24, 2016


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. It's #IMWAYR.

Here's what I read during the last two weeks:


Middle Grade


George has always been sneaky but when he is kidnapped and taken to a secret school for crooks he realizes the life of an evil doer may not be for him. 



Imagine a world where every myth and legend we know is part of our world. How would that change the way we live? My Diary from the Edge of the World is a high stakes story that takes place in this kind of alternate universe.


Young Adult





The newest Throne of Glass story brings together most of the previous characters in a nail biting continuation to their journey. I will be anxiously waiting for book six.



I don't often enjoy political mystery thrillers, but this series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes is definitely worth reading. It's Scandal for Tweens.



_____________________________


If you like my reading choices, you can check out all the books I've read on Goodreads and please leave a comment below. It's Monday, what have you been reading?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Throne of Glass series. I'm only up to book three and love it so far. My Diary at the Edge of the World looks good also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pilfer Academy definitely sounds like something kids are going to love - there's nothing quite like a story in which the bad guys are the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Diary at the Edge of the World sounds very unique and interesting. I've seen Pilfer Academy at the bookstore, but don't know much about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am about to receive review copies of Sarah Maas novels. Really looking forward to them.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...