Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, December 26, 2016

#IMWAYR December 26, 2016 Vacation Post


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. It's #IMWAYR Vacation Week!


My vacation started on Friday. Even with some holiday celebrations, I've had lots of time to read.


I picked this up because current events were brining back memories of this book, which I haven't read since high school. It's a pretty scary read and (spoiler alert) I completely forgot that things did not end well for the main character.


When Hermione and her cheer captain decide to share the school curse with the other teams at cheer camp, they already knew that part one, losing a member of the team to a drunk driving accident, had been fulfilled. They could not have imagined that part two of the curse, a cheerleader getting pregnant, would happen at camp because of a spiked drink. This book handles the tough topic of rape. I liked that Hermione has an excellent support system that stays with her throughout the whole book as she has to face what happened to her.

 

I read the first two book in Abbi Glines Field Party series one after the other, starting the second one at 2am because I couldn't get enough of these characters. Told from multiple points of view, each character has to face the challenges of family and past mistakes in order to move towards a brighter and better future filled with love and forgiveness. I'm looking forward to the next one, which comes out this summer. 

Here's the rest of my vacation TBR list: 







I'm sure I will be adding more as the week continues. It's hard to believe that the next time I post it will be 2017. What's on your TBR list as you enjoy some time away from your classroom? 



_____________________________


If you like my reading choices, you can check out all the books I've read on Goodreads.

2 comments:

  1. Great assortment of books. I've never read Abbi Glines but have been curious about those books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exit Pursued by Bear sounds like a powerful read - difficult, perhaps, but important.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...