Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, June 5, 2017

#IMWAYR June 5, 2017


It's June! I can't believe that the school year is almost over. Each week I join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. I will continue to do this over the summer to share my summer reading.

Here's what I read this week:


Picture Book


After the Fall is the story of Humpty Dumpty's journey to get back up after the big disaster. I adore Dan Santat's writing and illustrations. My students are going to love this one. Can't wait to share it with them today!

Middle Grade


When Theodora Tenpenny's grandfather dies he tell her to "look under the egg." Theo hopes he means that he has left her some way for her Theo and her mother to pay to continue living in their New York City Brownstone. Instead Theo uncovers a mystery that dates back to the Monument Men of Word War II.


This magical story follows Twig, a lonely girl who is keeping a family secret that keeps her separated from everyone in her town. When new neighbors move in who are connected to the curse that plagues Twig's family, she realizes she may have a way to break the curse and finally make some friends.


I was so excited to find out that the stories of Fablehaven have continued in a new series. Once again Kendra and Seth must save the world from magical foes. Fablehaven and this new dragon series are perfect for fantasy lovers of all ages. I can't wait until the next one!


_______________________________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a third grade teacher and a middle grade author. The Sweet Spot and The Perfect Trip are available now from Spellbound River Press. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. It's Monday, what are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. That cover for Dragonwatch is just going to have so many young fans cheering and racing for the shelves to grab a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fablehaven series needs to be reprinted! The first series is so worn out, and I know that with this new book they will receive new interest. It was good to see the adventures changed and the kids moved into a more important roll. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah! I cannot wait to check out After the Fall! It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new cover for Nightbird! (I last saw it as an ARC.) Such a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the Fall looks delightful. I just discovered that both Under the Egg and Nightbird are available as audiobooks from my library. Now to decide what to listen to first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to check out the Fablehaven books and this other series by Brandon Mull. It looks like just the kind of fantasy book that many of my readers would like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Under The Egg was such an interesting book, but it seems a hard sell to many of my sixth graders. I'll have to look for Nightbird, it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...