Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, July 11, 2022

#IMWAYR July 11, 2022

 

It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted each week by Unleashing Readers and Teach Mentor Texts. If you are a person who loves kidlit, all you need to do to join is to blog about books you are reading on Monday, add your link to either of those two blogs, and post using the hashtag. I hope you will join in!

This week I am on vacation in a spot that has no wifi ,so instead of posting what I have read, I am going to tell you what I will be reading while I am away.  I am ridiculously excited for this week's reading list. 

Young Adult

League of Liars will be the first book I will read because I started it before I left. When 17yo Cayder Broduck's mother is killed by magic, he decides the best way to get revenge is to become a prosecutor in order to punish those who would use magic in a world where magic is illegal. But before he can do that, he needs experience so he gets an internship with a defense attorney. As he gets to know his clients, Cayder learns that things aren't always what they seem. I'm was about a quarter of the way through this book when I left for vacation and it was an instant hook. Think John Grisham with magic.

Middle Grade




Check back next week to find out what I thought about these books! Happy Reading!

____________________________

Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below.

10 comments:

  1. I've read Starfish and enjoyed it. I'm curious about each of the other middle grade novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Starfish in a few hours. What an amazing book. Looking forward to reviewing it next week.

      Delete
  2. They are new to me except I've read Starfish, too, Stacy. I have a granddaughter who will be very interested in The First Rule of Climate Club. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read First Rule of Climate Club this morning. It was just as good as the first book in the series, Dress Coded. Looking forward to reviewing it next week.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, Stacy! All of these books look great, especially The First Rule of Climate Club. And like the other commenters, I've also read and loved Starfish! Thanks so much for the wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Rule of Climate Club was excellent. Perfect sequel to Dress Coded.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are having a fabulous time. I loved Starfish. I've added The First Rule of Climate Club to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also read Starfish and will be checking back next week to learn more about the others. Hope you are having a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were all excellent choices. I look forward to reviewing them next week. I even was able to fit in a few others.

      Delete

You know you have something to say...