Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, July 11, 2016

#IMWAYR July 11, 2016


Join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee and Ricki from Unleashing Readers and share all of the reading you have done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. #IMWAYR

This week I didn't have much time to read because we were puppy sitting but look at this cutie: 



The pup does have a literary name - Gryff (for Gryffindor). 

Speaking of pets, I did read my first picture book of the summer, Finding Winnie, which is a wonderful story of an unusual pet, a bear. I loved learning about the history of the beloved Winnie the Pooh and can't wait to share it with my students. 

I also read my first professional book of the summer, Teach Like a Pirate. I am looking forward to chatting with the author, Dave Burgess, and other teachers about this book on Monday evenings using the hashtag #TLAP. 

Here's what I've read this week:


Picture Book



Young Adult



Professional Books



7 comments:

  1. It looks like you found some good books to read! I would love to check out the Winnie book. And yes, the puppy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute puppy! I tried Wink Poppy Midnight but found myself bouncing off the style and donated it to my HS Media Center unread. I didn't love Finding Winnie. Come see my reading week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding Winnie is a special book, I agree. I am retired & just gave my Teach Like A Pirate copy to a new teacher. I hope she's love it as I did. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! I don't know how much reading I would get done if I had a fluffster like that to play with either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wink book has caught my eye before. I wish I had lots of time to read all the books I want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a great title for a professional book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute puppy!!! And I love the name :)
    I loved both Winnie books that came out last year, but this one especially after seeing Sophie Blackall speak at the Caldecott banquet. She was phenomenal!

    Happy reading this week :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...