Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, March 19, 2018

#IMWAYR March 19, 2018


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. A few of the YA books I put on hold at my library came in so it was a YA week.


Young Adult


When Jude was only a child, her mother's former husband killed her parents and took her twin sister and his daughter back with him to Faerie. Instead of rejecting the world she was forced to live in, Jude has decided to become better than the beautiful strong faeries that surround her. Her fight for recognition puts her in the center of a war for the throne. 


In this world, time is currency. When Jules realizes that her father has given most of his time in order to keep her feed and warm, she decides to get a job in Everless, the home of a wealthy family where she and her father used to live until circumstances put them in danger.  She is sure she won't be recognized, but things quickly fall apart when the two brothers she spent time with as a child figure out who she is and she realizes that there may be other reasons why her father kept her from staying at this place. A complicated, exciting adventure.
_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. I'm on the waiting list for The Cruel Prince, so I was excited to see you mention it. I keep seeing it pop up and it looks very interesting. Have a wonderful reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful reading week. Like 2Shaye, I am also on a waiting list for The Cruel Prince, although Everless looks good to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the Cruel Prince checked out from the library, but no time to read it. Maybe in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another Holly Black that I should findsoonest! :)

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...