Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, July 30, 2018

#IMWAYR #30BookSummer July 30, 2018


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. In addition to discussing books on Monday, I'll also be counting them! Check out #30booksummer on twitter to see what others are reading for this challenge.

Book # 13 Young Adult (Mature Audiences)


In this world some people are born "graced." From the time she was little, Kasta has believed she was born with a killing grace, which is put to use by her uncle the King. Kasta finds small ways to fight back against her fate to be her uncle's thug, but when she meets Po, a prince from a different land, he forces her to see everything she does differently, including her grace. Together Po and Kasta must face a bigger threat than her uncle, a king graced with the ability to make people believe his lies. Kasta is one of my favorite characters. This is my third read of this book and I enjoyed it again.

Book # 14 Middle Grade Fantasy


This is a very cute story about a dragon named Miss Drake and a human child named Winnie. When Winnie's aunt died she left her and her mother a house and a dragon. Armed with keys to the dragon's basement lair, Winnie finds Miss Drake morning her aunt and her pesky and curious nature forces Miss Drake out of her melancholy and back into the world. The story is told from Miss Drake's point of view.

Book # 15 Middle Grade Fantasy


I enjoyed A Dragon's Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans. I adored - loved - must get a copy of A Dragon's Guide to Making Your Human Smarter. Told from both Winnie and Miss Drake's points of view, Winnie starts school and makes friends and enemies under the watchful eye of Miss Drake. But that doesn't stop Winnie from getting into trouble. 




_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. With a comment like “adored - loved - must get a copy of...” how can I NOT add Dragon’s Guide (probably both, actually) to my list. :) Thanks for the wonderful shares, Stacy. Sounds like it was a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've liked Lawrence Yep's books in the past, will look for these dragon books, and still need to read Graceling, on my list. Thanks Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "A Dragon's Guide To..." books just look and sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...