Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, August 13, 2018

#IMWAYR #30BookSummer August 13, 2018


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. In addition to discussing books on Monday, I'll also be counting them! Check out #30booksummer on twitter to see what others are reading for this challenge. Hopefully I can finish all 30 before school starts on August 28.

Book # 16 Picture Book


What could be better than a taco party for dragons? Just don't give them any jalapenos. Lots of fun.

Book # 17 Upper Middle Grade/Young Adult Historical


Thirteen year old Dicey knows something is wrong with her mother. So when she leaves her and her siblings in a car on the way to Bridgeport, CT, it doesn't take long for her to realize they are on their own. That doesn't stop Dicey or her siblings. Motivated by the fear of being separated, the three kids learn how to do odd jobs, catch fish, and do whatever it takes to find their way to a new home. Homecoming is the prequel to Dicey's Song, which I haven't read but will read now.

Book # 18 Young Adult Fantasy



Book 3 of the An Ember in the Ashes series continued to raise the stakes for each of the main characters. Helene, Laia, and Elias must sacrifice everything in order to save the people who are important - the only problem is the more they learn, the less they know how to tell friends from enemies and the more they must sacrifice. If you haven't found this series yet, find it. I wish the next book were coming out tomorrow.

Book # 19 Picture Book


Echo Echo explores Greek Myths from the point of view of the most important characters by writing a comparison poem in each character's point of view. This book will definitely be added to my Greek Myth unit.

Book # 20 Picture Book



I loved this adorable picture book about figuring out your place in the world and the power of friendship.

Book # 21 Picture Book



A beautiful book about the power of imagination. This will probably be the first read aloud of the new school year.

_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

It's Monday, what are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. So many great looking books love the title for Dragons love tacos.

    I loved Ember in the Ashes yet to read book 2 and 3. Will need to remedy that asap.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing someone share Homecoming by Voigt. She won the Newbery for the next one, Dicey's Song & while I had to recommend them because they were older, my students loved the series. What If is a great book for the school year's start. Have a wonderful week back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also only read the first book in Ember in the Ashes. The pending love triangle kind of turned me off at the time, but the rest of the book was really good. I may have to go back to it. Your picture books look great! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Homecoming on my To Read list for quite some time. It looks like an awesome book, so I should work on getting my hands on it! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dragons Love Tacos! That one is still super popular at my library. I haven't had a chance to read What If yet but I'm obsessed with its gorgeous cover! Haven't heard of Homecoming but I'll have to add it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homecoming was my absolute favorite book in the world in the 7th grade, I should totally reread the series. I loved reading your list!

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...