Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, September 23, 2019

#IMWAYR September 23, 2019


Each week I try to join Jen from Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee from Unleashing Readers to share all of the reading I've done over the week from picture books to young adult novels. 

Here's what I read this week:

Upper Middle Grade/YA


It is not often I find out something I didn't know about the Holocaust. I am normally a very quick reader, but The Librarian of Auchwitz is not a book to read quickly. The author goes backwards and forwards through time and makes references to the books the librarian is reading inorder to set the scene for the events in Block 31 in Auschwitz and the main character, Dita's role in saving the books and creating living books to enrich the lives of the children imprisoned in the family camp. It is an amazing read, especially when you realize that all the people and situations were based on true events. 



_______________


Stacy Barnett Mozer is a teacher and a middle grade author. If you like what she's been reading follow her on Goodreads. Please leave a comment below. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I adored The Librarian of Auchwitz! This is one I wouldn't mind re-reading this coming year. Thanks so much for sharing the title - I hope many will pick it up and get lured in just as I did. Have a great reading week, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This sounds like an incredible book. I personally really enjoy reading books about tragic events of history. I have read many books about serial killers, the Columbine school shooting, the Holocaust and more. I even got the chance to go over to Germany and visit the largest concentration camp called Dachau. I have very excited to add this book to my to be read list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although it's on my list, I still haven't gotten to The Librarian of Auchwitz! I might have to add it to my must read in 2010 list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a kid I devoured WWII fiction and history. This looks like it would be right up my alley even though I am grown up now.

    ReplyDelete

You know you have something to say...