Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Join me for my virtual book launch!

Virtual Launch Party for 
The Sweet Spot
June 11, 2015

THE SWEET SPOT is releasing on Amazon next week!
Join me on here and on Facebook on Thursday, June 11th for a sporty good time celebrating the book’s release. 
Join the Party!

What is a book launch?
It's a way for readers to join me in celebrating the release of my book into the world. Many people refer the release of a book as a book birthday so I am throwing a party in the book's honor.

Why virtual?
A virtual book launch allows the me to connect with readers and friends anywhere in the world and since I have friends all over the country (and the world), I don't have to leave anyone out! And, to be honest, it's  a crazy time of year and between soccer practice and other scheduling issues, it was too hard to have an in person party on the night my book releases.

Will there be an in person party on a later date?
I hope so. Once school is over I will have the time to plan something. 

So why should I come to the party?
First, there will be prizes. Second, it will be a lot of fun. You can ask me questions about the book. I'll read you a chapter. We can post funny stories and pictures. And kids are more than welcome. The book was written for 7 - 12 year olds. I hope some of them will come too. 

What if I don't have a Facebook account? Can I still join in?
Absolutely. Just come to this blog during the hours of the party, 7:30 - 10:30 ET. I will be posting material on both this blog and the Facebook event group. I'll also be on twitter using my @SMozer account.

Do I have to buy the book to come?
Of course not. I would love you to be there to join in the fun whether you buy the book or not. I am working to make the book available in my local libraries. It will definitely be available from the Greenwich Library system and Perrot and it is already available in the Greenwich School Library system. There will be extra points towards prizes if you do purchase the book on June 11 or if you preorder or buy the Kindle version. 

What else can I do to help the book with the launch?
Tell your friends and invite them to the party. Add the book on Goodreads (you can do that now). And if you have read the book, please review it on Amazon on June 11, or as soon as you get a chance. Book reviews help readers find books. If you have a blog, I'd love to be interviewed or you can post the virtual launch link. I was already on Creative Minds and on Sporty Girl Books.

Hope to see you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say...