Welcome

This is the blog of children's book author and elementary school teacher, Stacy Barnett Mozer. I blog about my own writing journey, the journey of other kidlit authors, my classroom, and talk about books. Thanks for stopping by. Your thoughts are always welcome (and encouraged).

Monday, June 22, 2015

Honest Book Reviews

One of the most important ways readers find books is through honest book reviews. While working with my students on their summer reading goals, I admitted that while I always rate books on Goodreads when I finish them, I don't always write a review.

Why? Well, it usually comes down to two reasons.
1. I finished the book in the middle of the night and can barely keep my eyes open.
2. I'm not sure what to say.

My students made me promise that this summer I will do a better job. After all, I am hoping that the people who bought THE SWEET SPOT will take the time to give it an honest review.

Here are some websites that have advice and outlines for crafting good reviews:

The Writer's Handbook
Outline for Writing a Good Book Review
The Writing Center

Good places to add reviews for books you love are Goodreads, Amazon, and Library Thing.
________________________

Do you have any advice for people posting reviews? Where do you like to post yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you have something to say...